Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cupping Therapy

I received Cupping Therapy today with Dr. Aaron Travis in Delray Beach, FL. Never had it before. It was an interesting experience. While it hurt at first, my body adjusted. It was interesting to learn how near my lower back where my skin color was the darkest is where I have back issues. I look forward to learning more about this therapy. If you have experienced this therapy, I would love to learn how it has helped you.


Here is more information on cupping from the WebMD website:
Cupping therapy is a form of alternative medicine in which cups are placed on the skin to create suction. The cups can be made of a variety of materials, including:
  • Glass
  • Bamboo
  • Earthenware
Supporters of cupping therapy believe the suction of the cups mobilizes blood flow to promote the healing of a broad range of medical ailments.
Cupping therapy dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. One of the oldest medical textbooks in the world, theEbers Papyrus, describes how the ancient Egyptians were using cupping therapy in 1,550 B.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment