Monday, May 26, 2014

Day 26 - Everyday In May Challenge

Day 26 ride (Memorial Day) was dedicated to all those that are currently or have served in the Armed Forces.I did start a little later which caused me to ride is some fairly warm and humid weather. Thank goodness for my Da Brim Rezzo visor (http://www.dabrim.com/html/products/cycling/rezzo.htm). It helped keep my face covered from the sun. What a great product that I am really appreciating with this heat! I ended up riding through Delray Beach up to the Pier (Northern Boynton Beach) where there were several people fishing. I love stopping there when I ride up there. Very peaceful. On the way back I had a bit of pain on my left foot, but continued on. I gather with the amount of riding I have been doing my body is really feeling it. I was going to ride down to center of Boca Raton, but I was almost out of water and my body was pushing it's limits for the day. My goal was to do 40 miles today and that's what I was able to accomplish. When I got back, I immediately took my clothing off and jumped in the pool. Boy that felt great. I took at 20 minute power nap and I was feeling better. Result: 40.10 miles.


Elliptigo has put together a great May Challenge! To ride everyday. You choose a 5, 10 or 20 mile day: http://www.elliptigo.com/every-day-in-may. I have committed to do at least 10 miles every day. I will certainly do more than that, but looking forward to the challenge and if it rains, luckily I will ride indoors on my trainer!




No comments:

Post a Comment