Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 25 - Everyday In May Challenge

Day 25 ended up being a great ride. After going on a great ride yesterday and playing golf, I went to bed feeling pretty sore, so I figured it would be a short ride today. Boy I was wrong. The day started off fairly overcast. With no winds and high humidity, I was happy about that. The sun did come out eventually. I headed over to ride along A1A and was planning to ride down into Boca, but decided at the last minute to ride up to Dalray Beach and then back down to Boca Raton. I love riding by the restaurants as people are sitting there and watching cyclists go by while they are eating. It never fails, people just look in amazement when I ride by. I feel like I am some sort of super star. HA! On the way down to Boca, I stopped to take a picture by a flag as I want to make sure to post a picture thanking all those sacrificing their lives for us being Memorial Day.  After the picture I did not stop other than for lights. I was amazed how great I was feeling. I felt like I could have gone another 35 miles, but I realized I need to save the energy to finish out the challenge strong. Great ride today! Result: 35.1 miles.


A few kudos on a some products for today's ride: I wore my Da Brim Camo (www.dabrim.com) for the first time. It really helped my face to keep cool when the sun did come out. It is great that I got protection all around my head.

The second product, my Cat-Ears:https://amzn.to/3yMMBjL made my ride so enjoyable as the reduction of wind noise in my ears is incredible. It allows me to really enjoy my rides that much more. I highly recommend them. I am currently wearing the pro version.  Another option is: Wind-Blox which offers a less fuzzy version depending on your preference. 

Lastly, my CW-X compression top and shorts are amazing (http://gocentral.freeforums.org/cw-x-ventilator-long-and-short-sleeve-shirt-and-shorts-t19.html). What a difference it makes vs. a dri-fit type shirt. It reduces the amount of sweat far greater. I highly recommend investing in high quality compression apparel. You will be happy you did!

Elliptigo has put together a great May Challenge! To ride everyday. You choose a 5, 10 or 20 mile day: http://www.elliptigo.com/every-day-in-may. I have committed to do at least 10 miles every day. I will certainly do more than that, but looking forward to the challenge and if it rains, luckily I will ride indoors on my trainer!





No comments:

Post a Comment