Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 29 - Everyday In May Challenge

Day 29 ride was a an interesting one. The weather on the radar looked very questionable. It appeared that the rain clouds had passed but rain could be coming. The ride started out cloudy and very humid. As I made it over to A1A, I noticed the ground was pretty wet, so I must have just missed the rain. When I got to A1A I started up  to Delray Beach and as I got closer, I noticed lightning, so I thought I better head back toward Boca. On the way going inland the clouds started getting dark and there was a beautiful rainbow. I took a picture and got under a tree as the rain got stronger. The rain had appeared to stop, so I started going again. Oh boy the sky opened up and I pulled under covering until the rain stopped. I got another great rainbow shot. Finally the rain stopped and headed back. I was fairly wet which cooled me down and noticed my top was drying quickly. Got to love high quality compression apparel. When I got back I took my wet clothing off and jumped in the pool :). I then cleaned my ElliptiGO as it was quite dirty from the sand. Overall it was a pretty good ride. My body was fairly tired at times, but the SaltSticks really helped. 2 days to go! Woo Hoo!  Result: 26 miles


Elliptigo has put together a great May Challenge! To ride everyday. You choose a 5, 10 or 20 mile day: http://www.elliptigo.com/every-day-in-may. I have committed to do at least 10 miles every day. I will certainly do more than that, but looking forward to the challenge and if it rains, luckily I will ride indoors on my trainer!




No comments:

Post a Comment